NAIL HEALTH, FOR YOUR PET'S COMFORT... AND YOURS!
It's natural for a cat to use its claws!
3 SUGGESTIONS TO MAKE YOUR LIFE EASIER
1. TRIM YOUR CAT'S CLAWS
A scissors-type nail trimmer is ideal
2. CREATE A CAT-FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT
A scratching post to keep your cat from sharpening its claws on your furniture
- Covered in rope, carpet or cardboard
- At least 3 feet high and with a minimum 3' x 3' base
- Climbing tree (at least two-tier) or vertical post
3. OTHER HELPFUL HINTS
To encourage your cat to use its scratching post
- Sprinkle catnip onto the post; most cats find it irresistible!
- You can combine catnip and a pheromone product
In the meantime
Nail caps: these little plastic caps fit over your cat's claws and are a handy way to protect your furniture while your cat adjusts to using its scratching post.